Detras de Una Mirada is a short documentary film created in The Representation Project’s 2021 Youth Media Academy. In this short documentary film, Édgar Gaytán shares their experience of discrimination as a transgender person living in Mexico and their journey to self-acceptance and self-love.
Content Warning: This film discusses sexual violence.
Film Festival Acceptances: Home Is Distant Shores Film Festival
CALLS TO ACTION
Questions for discussion following the viewing:
- How different do you think the perspective on the LGBTQ+ community is in Mexico compared to the United States?
- Would you move somewhere completely new to be your true self? And if so, Where would you move?
- Do you agree that Trans rights and LGBTQ+ issues should be made a priority across all educational institutions?
- What are ways someone can be an ally and allow the stories of Trans people to be validated and accepted?
Feeling Inspired? Please consider selecting at least one of the following to bring about positive change in our society.
Calls to Action for Detras de Una Mirada
* Be an ally and stand up against Transphobia and Homophobia. Allow space for Trans, LGBTQ+ folks to speak on issues supporting their community.
* Inform yourself on terms such as Non-Binary, Non-Gender, and be sure to respect pronouns set by Non-Binary, Non-Gender Conforming, or Trans people.
#LGBT #Pride #brave #SocialChange #YMA2021 #YouthContentCreator