Creating a Chasm is a short documentary film created in The Representation Project’s 2020 Youth Media Academy. This film explores how COVID-19 is increasing the education gap among students in the United States.
Film Festival Acceptances: Bright Ideas Film Festival, Reel Girls Film Festival 2021, SonderBlu Film Festival
CALLS TO ACTION
Questions for discussion following the viewing:
- How does the school experience for you or someone whom you are close to differ from the experiences of the students interviewed in the film?
- How does this widening education gap reflect inequality in the United States in general?
- What do you think will be the future implications of this education gap?
- Do you think the government should provide equal or equitable resources to schools?
Feeling inspired? Please consider selecting at least one of the following to bring about positive change in our society.
Calls to Action for Creating A Chasm
* Write a letter to a government official who deals with education to persuade them to provide equal resources to all schools.
* Provide outreach to a local school (e.g. tutoring, donating books).
#CreatingAChasm #EducationDivide #CovidAndEducation #EdGap #AchievementGap #EdColor #YouthContentCreator #YMA2020