Chicken & the Egg is a short documentary film created in The Representation Project’s 2021 Youth Media Academy. A girl tells her story of how she did her first stick and poke. This short film follows the girl over the day she received her tattoo while narrating her experience wearing a chicken mask. Chicken & the Egg uses dark humor and comedy to explore the experience of coping with grief and losing a loved one.
CALLS TO ACTION
Questions for discussion following the viewing:
- What can you do to help someone dealing with grief?
- What assumptions do you have about how someone should experience grief? Do you have any assumptions about people who don’t experience grief classically?
- How can you respect others’ grieving processes? What about if you don’t understand it?
Feeling Inspired? Please consider selecting at least one of the following to bring about positive change in our society.
Calls to Action for Chicken & the Egg
* Withhold judgment, keeping in mind everyone has a different healing process that must be respected.
* Advocate for mental health resources being more widely accessible to prevent people who are grieving events from finding unhealthy coping mechanisms.
* If you, a friend, or a loved one is experiencing grief, find ways to become informed so you can debunk myths, seek support or provide support. https://whatsyourgrief.com/
#Dontjudge #mentalhealthmatters #BeKind #youthcontentcreators #YMA2021