Two Girls vs. Their Misogynistic School District – With the support of their community, two high school students take on the inherently biased dress code of their school district.
CALLS TO ACTION
Questions for discussion following the viewing:
- Why is it important to hold your school district accountable for their actions?
- Have you ever felt unsafe or noticed someone feel unsafe on your school campus?
- Why is it important to attend your school district Board meetings
- Why is it important that the youth has representation and is involved in decision making?
- How can we ensure that the role of youth is remembered in decisions that directly affect them?
- Why is it important to allow the youth to speak on youth issues?
Feeling inspired? Please consider selecting at least one of the following to bring about positive change in our society.
Calls to Action for Two Girls and Their Misogynistic School District
* Attend Board meetings in your school district to stay up to date on policies and decisions being made that affect you and others.
* Encourage your peers or students to attend Board meetings for a larger turnout. This will show that many students care and want to make a difference.
* Start a campaign, campaigns are the best way to create the change you want to see in the world.
* Ask your Principal to send out a climate survey quarterly to see how your students and peers are feeling. This will allow you to see what areas need the most help in your school district.
* Join organizations that will support your work and provide insight on how to go about change.
* Start a Club at your school for activism on campus. The club would entail recognizing issues and finding ways to solve them.
#SaferEnvironmentAtSchools #MoreThanADistraction #SaferSchoolsNow
#YouthActivist #YouthVoices #YouthRepresentation #StudentStruggles #YouthContentCreators #YMA2020