Nuestros Rostros is a short documentary film created in The Representation Project’s 2020 Youth Media Academy. The filmmaker explores her relationship to make-up, an art that she believes can empower herself and others.
Film Festival Acceptances: Reel Girls Film Festival 2021, Cine Las Americas Film Festival, SonderBlu Film Festival
CALLS TO ACTION
Questions for discussion following the viewing:
- What hobbies have you enjoyed since you were a child? In what ways could you relate to or connect with the filmmaker’s experience?
- What do you see as being the benefits of seeing makeup as a form of self-expression?
- Which Tik Tok people or Instagram individuals do you follow that most greatly reflect your interests and hobbies?
- What do you know about the history of makeup and its role in people’s lives?
- Do you find yourself judging people who wear makeup? Or people who do not wear makeup? Why do you think that might be?
Feeling Inspired? Please consider selecting at least one of the following to bring about positive change in our society.
Calls to Action for Nuestro Rostro
* No judgment for those who choose to wear makeup and those who choose not to.
* Celebrate the art of makeup
* Recognize that makeup can be an empowering tool for someone to maximize their self-expression.
#Makeup #Empowerment #Artistry #YouthContentCreator #YMA2020