The Inbetween is a short documentary film created in The Representation Project’s 2020 Youth Media Academy. Filmmaker Mia Jay Pachirat explores living between the abled and disabled and what it means to have your foot in two different worlds
CALLS TO ACTION
Questions for discussion following the viewing:
- How does ability affect your daily life?
- What do you think it means to be disabled?
- Do you feel in between parts of your identity? If so, please describe. How does it make you feel?
- Do you know someone whose ability affects their daily life? Do they feel in between parts of their identity? How does it make them feel?
- How do you think society can start to break labels and put away boxes?
Feeling Inspired? Please consider selecting at least one of the following to bring about positive change in our society.
Calls to Action for Inbetween
* Educate yourself on disabilities to create a more welcoming and easy world for everyone.
* Reflect on the ways you take ability/identities for granted and recognize how that affects others.
* Follow individuals on social media who, as differently abled individuals, provide insight into navigating challenging situations.
#Inbetween #DifferentlyAbled #ChangeStartsWithMe #SocialChange #YouthContentCreator #YMA2020