As Halloween quickly approaches, we’re looking forward to seeing all of your creative costumes. After all, October 31st is a day to imagine yourself as anyone or anything and even celebrate some of your heroes. And yet too often, the holiday is used as an excuse to perpetuate limiting and harmful stereotypes – just take this Call Me Cait costume. We want to see less sexy cats and muscle-bound men and more Angela Davis and Terry Bradshaws.
That’s why this week, we encourage you to keep challenging prejudiced consumer products and think outside the box for your Halloween costume! Together, we can challenge and overcome limiting stereotypes so that everyone can fulfill their human potential.
Jennifer Siebel Newsom & The Representation Project team
Jennifer Siebel Newsom’s Keynote at The 3% Conference
We were thrilled to support The 3% Conference on Tuesday with Jennifer Siebel Newsom’s keynote address, “Forgotten Boys: How Men + Boys Benefit from Gender Equality, Too.” Since the first 3% Conference, we’ve been proud to collaborate with the movement to get more women involved in advertising’s creative process. Learn more!
Join Us for Wednesday’s Republican Debate to #AskHerMore
We’re expanding #AskHerMore from the red carpet to Washington, DC! Learn more and join us tonight at 8 pm E.T. / 5 pm P.T. for the Republican debate on CNBC!
From Around the Web
“After applauding Jennifer Lawrence’s essay about wage disparity between men and women in Hollywood. . .Bradley Cooper says he wants to begin teaming up with his female costars to negotiate salaries before any film he’s interested in doing goes into production.” – Business Insider
- Mic News: “Clinton and Fiorina Need Company — These 17 Female Leaders Nail Exactly Why”
- MTV: “7 Ways ‘The Flash’ Challenges Traditional Masculinity”
- People.com: “Meet Sesame Street’s First Character with Autism: ‘We Want to Create Greater Awareness and Empathy'”
- New York Times: “Twitter Fury Misplaced? M.T.A. Is Fine With Underwear Ads on Subway”
- CBS: “‘Please Don’t Threaten My Son When He Dates Your Daughter,’ Mom Says Standard Is Balony”
- MPR: “‘Be a Man’ and the Destructive Definition of Masculinity”
via Miss Representation‘s Instagram