If you care about the health and happiness of the boys and men in your life, we’ve compiled a list of five must-know organizations promoting healthy masculinity through research, violence prevention, personal development programs, online resources, and youth training programs.
- The Good Men Project offers timely advice and insightful articles for boys and men about healthy masculinities, which include practical guidelines for better ways of living. Their website and social media channels are an excellent starting point to learn more about healthy manhood.
- The Ever Forward Club offers workshops that enable boys and young men to achieve their “desire to be fully alive.” These highly acclaimed, life-changing workshops teach healthier ways of being a man in the world and inspire participants to set high expectations for their lives.
- The ManKind Project improves the lives of men through life-changing experiential personal development programs. From men’s groups to weekend training programs with 15 – 40 like-minded men, these men’s programs teach and support men to lead lives of integrity, authenticity, and service.
- A Call to Men is an organization dedicated to violence prevention through educational programs that teach men all over the world about healthy, respectful manhood. Programs include training for coaches and other role models in the lives of boys and young men.
- Promundo is a leading global organization in promoting gender justice and preventing violence by engaging men and boys in partnership with women and girls. Founded in Brazil, they pursue gender justice through illuminating global research and programs that promote healthy masculinity, which leads to improvements in men’s own lives. Their research shows that exploring positive models of “what it means to be a man” and promoting healthy, respectful masculinity leads to improvements in the lives of women and girls, as well as in men’s own lives. Promundo is a terrific resource if you want to be well versed in the research on these topics.
Take Action! Learn something new about healthy masculinity and share the information you find with the young boys and men in your life.