Check out what’s trending on the MissRepresentation.org Facebook page this week:
- Harrod’s, the world famous UK department store, has done away with gender specific areas in their toy department.
- “Nothing is going to change. I’m going to wear my hair like this during beam and bar finals. You might as well just stop talking about it.” Olympic gold medal gymnast Gabby Douglas responds to the hair critics.
- Ruth Padawer asks in the NYTimes Magazine, “What’s so bad about a boy who wants to wear a dress?”
- Spiderman actress Emma Stone calls out sexism in Hollywood interviews…via Teen Vogue.
- From the Olympic city to the streets of New York, Sarah Goodyear explores the perception of women’s bodies in public space in The Atlantic.
- Do black women really have a problem with Gabby Douglas’s hair, or was it conjured by the media? T.F. Charlton weighs in.